Binge eating disorder affects 3-5% of women (about 5 million) and 2 % of men (3 million). (souce)
Binge eating disorder can leave you feeling stressed, depressed, and out of control. Often times it feels as if no matter how hard you try to control your eating, you’re never fully able to. If this sounds like you, read below for some tips and tricks on how to manage binge eating.
- Manage stress. One of the most important aspects of controlling binge eating is to find alternate ways to handle stress and other overwhelming feelings without using food. These may include exercising, meditating, using sensory relaxation strategies, and practicing simple breathing exercises.
- Don’t Skip Meals. Eating breakfast jump starts your metabolism in the morning. Follow breakfast with a balanced lunch and dinner, and healthy snacks in between. Stick to scheduled mealtimes, as skipping meals often leads to binge eating later in the day.
- Avoid Your Binge Foods. You’re much more likely to overeat if you have junk food, desserts, and unhealthy snacks in the house. Remove the temptation by clearing your fridge and cupboards of your favorite binge foods.
- Stop dieting. The deprivation and hunger of strict dieting can trigger food cravings and the urge to overeat. Instead of dieting, focus on eating in moderation. Find nutritious foods that you enjoy and eat only until you feel content, not uncomfortably stuffed. Avoid banning certain foods as this can make you crave them even more.
- Exercise. Not only will exercise help you lose weight in a healthy way, but it also lifts depression, improves overall health, and reduces stress. The natural mood-boosting effects of exercise can help put a stop to emotional eating.
- Fight boredom. Instead of snacking when you’re bored, distract yourself. Take a walk, call a friend, read, or take up a hobby such as painting or gardening.
- Get enough sleep. If you’re tired, you may want to keep eating in order to boost your energy. Take a nap or go to bed earlier instead.
- Listen to your body. Learn to distinguish between physical and emotional hunger. If you ate recently and don’t have a rumbling stomach, you’re probably not really hungry. Give the craving time to pass.
- Keep a food diary. Write down what you eat, when, how much, and how you’re feeling when you eat. You may see patterns emerge that reveal the connection between your moods and binge eating.
- Get support. You’re more likely to succumb to binge eating triggers if you lack a solid support network. Talking helps, even if it’s not with a professional. Lean on family and friends, join a support group, and if possible consult a therapist.
All of the above tips are steps that I took to help overcome binge eating and they’re the same steps that I give to people everyday. Please, if you feel like there is no way out, know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. You are not alone and you can beat this!
* Please do not remove credit of images or steal them, I made all images above*
~ Dani (little-miss-curvy)
Thank you!! :)
Ah thank you!! I’m gonna look it up once I get a working computer! :)
Week 2/4 weight loss slowed down but still going! Down another 2.5lbs making it a total of 9!
Options for vegetarians and vegans too!
Guys I literally just watched this last night and it’s Oct 21, 2015. Fake posts of these come out multiple times a year :/ In fact this panel isn’t even from the same movie. It’s from the one where he goes into the past not the future if you look at the bottom two dates…. The two minutes apart was doc proving he could do it…. In the first movie.
Today is the day Marty McFly goes to the future!
Where is my hoverboard
I just have to reblog this because this is LITERALLY a once in a lifetime thing and I need it on my blog.
More muscle means faster metabolism!
How to Download Videos off of Tumblr
- Go to the post that contains the video
- Right click on the upper right corner of the post and click on “Open link in new tab” as seen in the 1st picture
- Right click on the video and click “View page source”
- At the page source, highlight the line of code beginning with http:// (Tumblr User Name) .tumblr.com/ as seen in the 2nd picture
- Copy the URL and paste it into your browser URL
- Go to the URL
- Right click on the video and click “Save video as…”
- Now you can rename the video and save it as an mp4 file (video).
edit: I forgot to include an essential step
Reblogging again because there was an important step missing.
I want you to imagine a ten year old version of yourself sitting right there on this couch. Now this is the little girl who first believed that she was fat, and ugly, and an embarrassment.
Wow this hit me right in the heart. Someone please tell me what this is from.
When I told my family I was going to be a cover model before I died they laughed in my face! Before I die? Try two years. Your dreams are closer than you think. Reach out and grab them.
If you don’t think this is awesome, get out of my face.