How can one person be so inspiring and so freakin scary at the same time?
Jillian Michaels is not inspiring. She’s a bully. She humiliates people into working out when they are injured. She encourages unhealthy weight loss—in the world of TBL, losing 3 pounds in a week is a failure. In the real world, you shouldn’t lose more than that in a week because that much of a calorie deficit isn’t good for your body.
This show shouldn’t even be on the air. There are so many things wrong with it. It’s wrong that people are being influenced to think that they should adhere to such unrealistic weight loss expectations that, in the end, ruin a person’s health and mindset towards what it means to be healthy.
On holiday? No gym? In a dorm room? Not much time?
These are easy workouts to do inside your room.
- Squat lunge, alternating legs
- Elevated push up, mountain climb
- Back & forth pike with Push up
- Split squat
- Sprint on the spot
- Elbow to Knee crunch
Do each for 1 minute, 3 sets.
This is how losing weight feels.
THAT COMMENT - I HAVE HOPE NOW!
(Source: , via itzzjustadifferentlife)
1. I’m very sick right now but that’s okay because I get to sit and listen to this wonderful Southern California storm XD
2. Elephants are my favorite animal!
3. I get bored really easily. I hate sitting and watching tv all the time. In fact, I don’t even have cable.
4. I love the smell of bleach after I’ve cleaned, Marlboro lights because they remind me of my dad when I was a kid (he’s quit since and I’m very proud that he’s been smoke free for a few years now!) and the inside of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride.
5. I confess that I haven’t been eating healthy or exercising for the past week. I’m human and I’m ok with that.
On the left I was about 150 pounds and now I am 132. I can’t believe I allowed myself to get to that point and the scary part is…I didn’t even realize I was that big. I guess it’s a good thing that I was still confident in myself, but in no way was I healthy. I finally decided to turn it all around and began working out and eating better. A year ago I went vegan and that made a HUGE difference in my weight and most importantly, my health. I’m not sure if this weight loss is as visible to everyone else as it is to me. I’m just happy to see some progress! I don’t want to call this a before & after because I don’t feel finished with this journey. I think i’ll always feel as if there are changes to be made…but I can definitely say I am a much healthier and happier person :)
Vegan Enchilada Round Up