There’s a first for everything and I’m happy to be spending it with this wonderful man. Love you @da_jenks Happy First Anniversary and happily ever after. ❤️
#firsteveranniversary #celebratingwiththebigmousehimself #disneyland (at Disneyland)
look a bit different in the ol’ bikini this year! ☀️👙
Cancun April 2013 - Sharm El Sheikh March 2014
I love the fact that she’s confident in both picture
That steak analogy is my favorite,
Just cause my coworker is kinda awesome. ☕️❤️ #free #cappuccino #recreationaltherapy #milkhearts (at VA Long Beach Spinal Cord Injury Center)
- breath in for 4 seconds
- hold your breath for 7 seconds
- exhale breath for 8 seconds
repeat once or twice more.
This causes an autonomic nervous system shift from a sympathetic (fight or flight reaction) state to a parasympathetic response.
Use this for panic/anxiety attacks, exams, presentations.
School is weighing on you, course work is kicking your A$$, work is beyond stressful, workout…you dont even have enough time to sleep! let alone workout!…..
So how do you deal? How do you stay on track and when all you want to do is cry?!
- Take a step back: You cant win the war if your running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off, or sitting back in the corner in the fetal position . Focus on what you CAN control. You HAVE to go to classes, you HAVE to study, you HAVE to go to work…and you HAVE to eat.Now which of those contribute to weight?? WHAT YOU PUT INTO YOUR BODY.What are you reaching for when those stress moments arise?Crazy stressed person number1, reaches for:
- Chips, cookies
- fast food
- Lives on frozen meals because no time for ANYTHING
Crazy Stressed person number2 reaches for:
- apples slices with peanut butter
- yogurt with granola
- cheese stick with fruit
- hummus and veggies
- ham and cheese sandwich (or veggie if your vegan like me)Now….do you think those students who are BOTH stressed…would have the same weight gain?? I dont think so.When you feel like your life is falling apart, and you don’t have time for anything…focus on your food.Food is powerful. It’s how our bodies LIVE. Make the right choices starting at the grocery store and you will have the tools to help control your crazy life. Will it get you straight A’s and get you a promotion at work….probably not. BUT you will not feel your pants get tighter, you might even find yourself having to squeeze in time to buy a smaller size. I think I can handle that kind of stress 8)Grocery Shop with a healthy goal in mind.