awe thanks love! You’re so awesome!! The thought that working a certain area of your body will burn fat from that area alone (ex: squats to burn fat from legs) is called spot reduction and I’m sorry but it’s a myth. You cant do a million sit ups to lose fat from your stomach. Gaining muscle will cause your body to burn more calories in general but you can’t choose where you lose it. Your body does that. But you DO want muscle. Again muscle burns more fat just can’t choose where. However for your goal to lose weight what you do want to do is use less weight and more reps. For example, 12-15 reps of whatever you’re doing and only the last few should be difficult.
Aweeeee you made my day! So sweet. Thank YOU love :)
My thoughts exactly…
I just think squatting in heels is dangerous. I dunno…maybe that’s why I don’t do it.
Untitled on We Heart It
If it’s an addiction? Yes, I’m telling you that it’s unhealthy.
Believe it or not, your health does not automatically become better just because you compare it to another person’s. If you are hurting yourself, then you are still hurting yourself even if another person out there is doing worse.
Being addicted to exercise is not a healthy relationship. Addiction is a horrible, dangerous dependence. If you genuinely feel as though:
- it would be the end of the world if you stopped lifting
- you are completely unable to give up running, even for a short period of time
- you would rather exercise than take a rest, even if it meant that you would hurt yourself
- you are giving up other important aspects of your life in order to exercise, or you find that your relationships with friends and family are falling apart because of your exercise routine
- you experience severe withdrawal symptoms, such as extreme mood swings and bitterness
- you are experiencing financial problems due to your exercise habits and you would rather go into extreme debt than give up your lifting schedule
Then something is wrong. It doesn’t matter if you are addicted to something “healthy,” the sheer existence of an addiction is a sign that you are hurting yourself.
Get help and stop romanticizing a legitimate mental health problem.
And someone finally said it!
Well good morning Huntington Beach! What a beautiful #HB #sunrise 🌄 (at Madigascar )
Hi guys it’s me again! I thought I’d share my end results of “Bikini Burn”. I’d first like to say this was not just a result of this workout but also a change in the way I eat. I adapted a healthier lifestyle…not just a ‘diet’ those don’t work! But anyways this is only about 10lbs of weight lost. My body toned so much muscle over these 30 days I can’t believe it!!! So now it’s onto the 30 Day shred! I’ll keep you updated (: