my health teacher told us this and it just sunk in.
excuse my hand writing.
this got notes really fast omg
People be askin’ how I got ma booty so lifted…Gurl, y’all need to get on da flo and do some of dem donkey kicks!
these did WONDERS for my booty!
DEFS have a date with these tonight ;)
Follow for an active fitblr that follows back xx
Handstands 101! There are many ways to get into a handstand; but this is one of the most basic, easily accessible ways. Begin in Downward-Facing Dog. Step one foot in about half way, and lean forward until you have your shoulders stacked right above your wrists. Spread your fingers wide, and keep a very very slight outward rotation of the wrists (you want the index finger to point forward). Now lift the back leg up as high as you comfortably can, and keep it straight. Firm the upper arms - hug the bicep to the bone and draw the triceps towards the ribcage. Relax the shoulder blades down the back and widen the space between the collar bones. Lower ribs pull in towards to pubic bone, and find a slight engagement of the core. Keep the upper arms firm and the gaze between your index fingers as you bend the standing leg deeply. When you kick up, you want to use the strength of the bent knee (the leg still on the floor), so without swinging or lunging the leg that’s up in the air (that’s a thunderbolt leg!). Begin with tiny little kicks, just focusing on getting the standing foot off the floor and inch or so (you can of course practice this in front off a wall until you feel comfortable to try it in the middle of the room), drawing the heel in towards the sit bone with every kick. Think hips over shoulders, and little by little work your way towards catching the hand balance with the one knee hugging in towards the chest. Once you catch it, extend the leg up towards the sky and align the body with the ankles over the hips, hips over the shoulders and shoulders over the wrists. Think bellybutton to the spine and lower ribs IN, like your zipping up your core to access all the strength from there. While in your handstand, make sure you get your shoulders off your neck and tuck the tailbone under. A teacher once told me a handstand is essentially a backbend in the upper body and a forward fold in the lower body - this has helped me greatly. When you’ve practiced a couple off times, come back to Downward-Facing Dog and practice kicking up with the other leg first. Remember: we all begin from where we are, and the time to start is now! Love love love.
Take a deep breath and put your thinking cap on.
I’m going to hit you with some wisdom, k?
Take your weight loss calorie goal, and just toss that number out the window. We’re not going to talk about that right now. We’re going to talk about that minor (or major) freak out we sometimes have when we’re having a really good week, eating really well, then we lose our damn minds and stuff our faces with delicious delicious junk food.
2000 calories is about what your body needs to maintain your weight and keep all your organs doing all those lovely keeping you alive things that they do. Your body burns all those calories at rest. That means that while you’re sitting on your ass, walking to the fridge and back, scrolling through tumblr, etc etc.. your body is making you breathe and make new cells and shit and burns those 2000 calories.
To gain a single pound, you’d have to eat another 3500 calories on top of those 2000. Thats 5500 calories. 5500 calories is a fucking lot of calories, okay? Lets take a look at what 5500 calories looks like.
- One slice of a large pepperoni pizza from pizza hut is 330 calories. You’d have to eat a little over 2 entire large pepperoni pizzas to hit 5500 calories.
- One crunchy taco from taco bell is 170 calories. To eat 5500 calories, you’d have to eat 32 tacos.
- One double cheeseburger from mcdonalds is 440 calories. 12 of those is 5500 calories.
- 21 cheetos are 160 calories. 714 cheetos are 5500 calories.
Was whatever junk you ate probably a bad choice health-wise? Probably.
Did you ruin all your progress? No.
Did you even eat enough to gain an entire whole pound? Nooope.
Are you going to survive, drink some water, go for a walk or run in the morning, and forgive yourself? Yep. You are.
Cause shit happens.
But we move on, and we stay determined, and we get fucking results because thats how bad we want it. You started this journey, and you’re going to finish it. One bump in the road is just that. A little bump in your road.
So, k. Stop freaking out. Forgive yourself. You had a bad night but you’re going to make better choices next time. Now go drink that glass of water, take an advil, do some exercise, and remember that you’re a badass fitblr too full of determination to have any room for fucks to give.
I fucking love this. So right.
This fucking post. So much yes!
Needed to see this so badly right now
2013 in retrospect: some of the most reblogged photos on pump-and-burn. #1
Linda lost 80 kilo. I just love her
I want to have a shocking before and after like this! Well done girl!
This is so incredible!
Amazing!!! If you ever think you wont get there, look ^^^^ KEEP GOING!
"Dear Future Daughter:
1) When you’re at some party, chain smoking on the roof with some strange girl with blue hair and exorbitant large dark eyes, ask her about her day. I promise you, you won’t regret it. Often times you’ll find the strangest of people have the most captivating of stories to tell.
2) Please, never mistake desire for love. Love will engulf your soul, whilst desire will emerge as acid, slowly making it’s way through your veins, gradually burning you from the inside out.
3) No one is going to fucking save you, anything you’ve read or heard otherwise is bullshit.
4) One day a boy is going to come along who’s touch feels like fire and who’s words taste like vanilla, when he leaves you, you will want to die. If you know anything at all, know that it is only temporary.
5) Your mental health comes before school baby, always. If its midnight, and you have an exam the next day but your hands have been shaking for the past hour and a half and you’re not so sure you want to be alive anymore, pull out that carton of Ben and Jerry’s and afterwards, go the fuck to bed. So what if you get a 68% on the exam the next day? You took care of yourself and at the end of the day that will always come before a high test score. To hell with anyone who tells you differently."
GUYS LOOK AT THIS.
I know it’s sad that this is considered “revolutionary” but seriously this is so so so important. Look at what Aerie style and fit expert Jenny Altman said in an interview with ABC News: “We left everything: beauty marks, tattoos. It’s a selling point because our customers represent this great demographic and they don’t get to see what girls their age really look like.” The brand also plans to enhance its website. Soon, when you search for a DD bra, you’ll see an actual, real-live DD-sized woman wearing it. Sort of sad that this feels so revolutionary, but anything that diversifies that headless, B-cup avatar common to most lingerie sites is okay in our book.
Johnny Galecki, regarding rumors about him being gay.
I’m reblogging this again because it’s one of the best things to have ever been said ever.
i expect this post to have thousands of notes.
this makes me sick
It get’s worse
please tell me it doesnt get even more worse