- breath in for 4 seconds
- hold your breath for 7 seconds
- exhale breath for 8 seconds
repeat once or twice more.
This causes an autonomic nervous system shift from a sympathetic (fight or flight reaction) state to a parasympathetic response.
Use this for panic/anxiety attacks, exams, presentations.
School is weighing on you, course work is kicking your A$$, work is beyond stressful, workout…you dont even have enough time to sleep! let alone workout!…..
So how do you deal? How do you stay on track and when all you want to do is cry?!
- Take a step back: You cant win the war if your running around like a chicken with it’s head cut off, or sitting back in the corner in the fetal position . Focus on what you CAN control. You HAVE to go to classes, you HAVE to study, you HAVE to go to work…and you HAVE to eat.Now which of those contribute to weight?? WHAT YOU PUT INTO YOUR BODY.What are you reaching for when those stress moments arise?Crazy stressed person number1, reaches for:
- Chips, cookies
- fast food
- Lives on frozen meals because no time for ANYTHING
Crazy Stressed person number2 reaches for:
- apples slices with peanut butter
- yogurt with granola
- cheese stick with fruit
- hummus and veggies
- ham and cheese sandwich (or veggie if your vegan like me)Now….do you think those students who are BOTH stressed…would have the same weight gain?? I dont think so.When you feel like your life is falling apart, and you don’t have time for anything…focus on your food.Food is powerful. It’s how our bodies LIVE. Make the right choices starting at the grocery store and you will have the tools to help control your crazy life. Will it get you straight A’s and get you a promotion at work….probably not. BUT you will not feel your pants get tighter, you might even find yourself having to squeeze in time to buy a smaller size. I think I can handle that kind of stress 8)Grocery Shop with a healthy goal in mind.
- I have no idea how this or what just happened. I knew I wanted to go for a long run but nine miles wasn’t anywhere near what I thought I could achieve.
- My longest runs have only ever hit 10km and never a km over.
- The guy in the blue shirt encouraged me to keep going when I stopped to let him past and from then on he was leading me on my run, if he wasn’t gonna stop, neither was I.
- This run signifies so much, all my doubts of underachieving have been washed away because my little warrior tank of a body and my determined mind just smashed every little stress, negative thought and doubt into the floor, step after step, km after km, mile after mile.
- This wasn’t even just 15km. This was 15km in 1 hour 40 and I’m just so fucking stoked right now I could easily cry.
- Thank you Beth loverunningx for inspiring me to carry on today after I had got into pyjamas and decided against any sort of workout.
- And thank you to myself for never giving up ^.^ - half marathon in 8 weeks will be a doddle.
It is definitely possible. As a ED recoverer myself (4 or 5 years), I understand how hard it is to step away from that mindset. It can still be struggle years later and oftentimes lead to a relapse. You have to realize that the most important thing is your health. Weight does not cause health. More weight doesn’t necessarily mean you’re less healthy, and less weight doesn’t necessarily mean more healthy. This one took me a long time to come to terms with. True, there are more risk factors for those overweight, but that’s just what it is - a risk, a possibility, not a set in stone future. Also, if you’re only slightly overweight, you’re at much less risk than someone very overweight. If you truly think your weight is so high that it will cause you health problems, seek medical advice. Talk to your doctor. Talk to your ED counselor (or if you didn’t have one to help you through your ED, talk to someone at least). Your parents have a good reason to worry, because from experience I know that dieting after having an ED makes it so easy to slip into your old ways. If you have healthy habits (eating good for you foods, exercising, relaxing, being happy) then you are most likely healthy. Be careful <3
Well good afternoon to you too, Newport Harbor. 👟🏃🌞 #nofilter #foundmyfavoritetrail #trailrunning. (at Castaways Park)
I wanted to make I post I could link too whenever someone asks me this~
Seriously. Even if I was hella in shape, really healthy, no one would be asking for health or work out tips from me if I was fat. Stop assuming because someone looks like what society deems as ‘healthy’ or ‘fit’ that they are, it’s a lie, they are try to sell you things and make you hate and judge strangers. Stop buying into it.
Something to add,
even medical professionals cannot judge people by their looks, which is why mri machines, and x-ray machines, are a fucking thing, but lazy doctors and lazy people will resort to ‘You just need to lose some weight,’ as any advice to any aliment a fat person may have, which is bullshit since being fat isn’t always the deciding factor in health.
and to be frank, more people are gonna get this message cause it was said by a thin person, if a fat person wrote this it would just be reblogged with fat jokes, claiming op is making excuses, and faux concerns about health and claims of ‘glorifying obesity,’ And all those people who disagree with the message, ask yourself why. You are basically a successful, obnoxiously complacent product of a massive brain washing, being perfectly groomed in hating others who don’t look like what you’ve been told is proper and human and you have been taught that pretend empathy and backhanded concern is better then a real genuine understanding.
Which I suggest you fix.
Thinness does not equal health or beauty, and the belief that it does has cost a lot of fucking lives.
I was looking through the notes on this and someone reblogged it with the comment “I agree, but but being fat *is* unhealthy!” Did they actually read any of this at all?
when straight guys ask how lesbian sex works i feel really bad for their girlfriends because if you dont understand how to have sex with a girl in any way other than repeatedly putting your dick in her you are having some really bad sex
i want to reblog this 100 times but i’ll just do it once
if you are losing weight and getting fit right now and you’re in college, with a job, in your late teens or early twenties, and you are not only struggling with the bullshit that goes with school and work but also trying to get in the best shape of your life while also simultaneously coping with the inner monologue in your head that won’t shut up about your imminent future as an adult in the real world, you get mad props from me.