the true american experience is wondering if you just heard firecrackers or gunshots
PLEASE TELL ME THIS IS A JOKE
bonus points: both are illegal in your state and you still cannot tell
Extra bonus points: when you move to one of those few cities where firecrackers are legal and wonder if someone’s just having innocent fun or getting away with murder because everyone will just think “oh it’s a firecracker. Let’s continue eating dinner.”
Think Anorexia is funny? Sorry. I am a survivor and find NOTHING cute about this.
Wanna dress up like an Anorexic? All it takes is:
- 4 years of hospitalization
- A nasogastric feeding-tube because you’ve starved yourself so much that your body doesn’t recognize food as a good thing and tries to attack itself.
- Re-Feeding Syndrome, which can kill you.
- Emotional struggles for years.
- A father crying and pleading on his knees begging for you to get help
- A mother who cries every time she sees you because you look and SMELL like death.
- Holidays missed, birthdays crying in a hospital.
- Almost every major organ in your body failing.
- A shower chair - because you can’t stand in the shower because you’re too weak and the warm water could make you pass out.
- A wheelchair, because you are too weak to walk and it could make you go into cardiac arrest.
- A lifetime of medications for anxiety and the health issues “Anna Rexia” caused.
- Plenty of money for multiple ER trips due to “Anna Rexia” even in recovery.
- And if you don’t get help like I do, or even if you do, a coffin. Because I’ve lost more friends to this eating disorder then anything I’ve ever faced.
I almost died from this. I know it’s supposed to be funny and shit and yeah I get that, but seriously. THIS IS NOT FUNNY. Anorexia is nothing to party about or laugh at. It’s real, it’s deadly, and should not be marketed as a slutty outfit.
Want to dress as “Anna Rexia”? Just go as a Vampire, or a Zombie. Because 1/3 of us are dead.
Please give this a watch. I know I needed it today
‘We asked people to look in a mirror and describe what they saw. What they didn’t know was that there were strangers on the other side of the mirror, giving their first impressions.’
This is so beautiful. I love this.
Happy 24th birthday to my beautiful roommate!!! Here’s to the good life! #newportliving #ablondeandaredheadwalkintoabar (at Cabo Cantina)
Home Sweet Home ❤️🏄😄
@theclaypool @_nataliesmith_ @da_jenks (at Newport Back Bay)
Making the most out of our new home! ❤️🏄🌞 (at Newport Back Bay)
Officially back at it!! ❤️💪💥#notyouraveragegym #boompow #boxinglife #idratherbeboxing (at American Gym)
Before, depressed with an eating disorder. Now, recovered caveman.
Re-blogging this cuz its from a guys perceptive!
I love seeing people all recovered and happy like yeah you kicked that illnesses ass you legend you rule ☺️