I do :) just get the unsweetened kind.
- Artichoke Hearts
- Bell Peppers
- Bok Choy
- Brussels Sprouts
- Butternut Squash
- Corn on the Cob
- Hot Peppers
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Parsley and Other Herbs
- Sweet Potatoes
To be continued!
Lana Del Rey - Once Upon a Dream (cover)
For the upcoming movie, Maleficent, Disney tapped Lana Del Rey to cover the timeless Once Upon a Dream.
Usually, I am not interested in these kinds of covers or reinterpretations but this is one is pretty spectacular. Not only do Del Rey’s vocals hauntingly shine here, her reinterpretation of the song to fit the darker point of view in Maleficent is really lovely and con dolore.
January 2012 - 225/230lbs
End of 2013 - ~154lbs
This is definitely the only photo that exists of me at my highest weight unless I magically find more!
5’ 9” & started at 210
(weighed around 225-40ish but actually got serious and wanted to make a real change at 210.)
I am now happily at 167. :)
This is almost a years progress minus a few months where I started slacking off.
I lost the weight the old skool way, moderation, clean eating, lots and lots of water and hard work. Like I wont even lie, I didn’t have the total legit “whole foods store” style clean eating experience, I still ate pizza, cookies, junk, n out food but only a lil :3 ( see I didnt instantly gain all the weight back or explode. Treats are ok. Remember tho: Treat yo’ self, don’t cheat yo’ self.)
To be honest I was really afraid of posting this pic because I really wasn’t too fond of the before, but it shows me just how far me and my bod have come. Hopefully I can gain more confidence, meet some new fitness buddies and help inspire others! :)
imsuperdupernice. Let’s be frans?
Follow meh and ma bawdy at: consistency-is-key.tumblr
Improve your workout and burn fat with this collection of helpful apps!
This has got to be one of the most difficult questions anyone has ever asked me. hahaha. Wow. Ummmm well one I make quite often is roasted brussels sprouts and mushrooms. One of my favorite snacks to make is kale chips. I also make this random dish with rice, tomatoes, onion, garlic, avocado (sometimes beans) and a tuscan Italian dressing. For craving days I make a mini pita pizza. Stir fry and rice is another favorite…. I love making spicy veggie chili too. For breakfast, I make a fruit/spinach smoothie at night so I can easily grab it in the morning on the go. You can put a LOT of spinach in a smoothie without even tasting it. That’s all I can think of off the top of my head…. hahah. :)
I would go before class, during a break or after class. I would always do it either right after I left home or before I came back. I knew if I made it back home, I wasn’t going to get out again. This will also help you with time management in the future. You don’t need a lot of time to workout. 30min will get a really good workout in. Trust me it’s much harder to get a workout in once you hit real life. In comparison, getting a workout in during college was a breeze. You have to make time. Again, you really only need half an hour. It’s not that hard to squeeze a half hour into your day. How much time do you spend watching tv? Playing games? Do you take those hour long breaks while studying? Don’t lie. We all do haha even you engineering majors.
- If you have an hour for lunch, do it then. I keep clothes, baby wipes, deodorant and perfume in my bag in case I don’t have time to shower.
- You could also take an aerobics or weightlifting class. That way it becomes part of your schedule, teachers are there to let you know how to do it correctly and you pretty much have to go or you fail haha. So it holds you accountable.
- Maybe get a gym pal. They will help motivate you, get your butt up for workouts and not only remind you to take time out of your busy schedule to blow off some stress but to do it with you. Make it fun.
- You could make a rewards system for yourself. You worked (goal) amount of times this week, that means you get that perfume or pair of shoes you’ve been wanting.
- Do some homework at the gym. I know I’ve spent hours upon hours reading for classes. You can hop on an elliptical, bike or treadmill and do the same thing.
- Find something you love. You’re more likely to want to do it. It relieves more stress if you’re enjoying what you’re doing than if you you weren’t.
- Join an intramural sport. The fact that it costs money also holds you accountable
I know it seems daunting and difficult, but once you find a routine it becomes second nature. Make time for yourself. If you have a planner, literally schedule it in. In pen. Make an appointment with yourself.
You can do it. I know you can. :)
Which is worse?
Check out Self Magazine’s February 2014 issue!
Great issue this month!! After a binge, just move on as usual and forgive yourself!!!