Guess how much protein is in a juicy, 8-ounce cheeseburger washed down with a milkshake? This single meal contains two to three times as much as most people need per day.
It’s no great surprise that Americans chow down on a lot of protein. We love beef and consume about 67 pounds per capita annually (that’s four times the international average). The popularity of low-carb regimes such as Atkins has also made meat the go-to food for dieters.
In fact, the average person eats about double the amount of protein that their body requires, according to the results of 2007-2008 National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey conducted by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Burn Fat By Eating?
When thinking about the next article I should write, I remembered how much foods that burned fat and boosted the metabolism intrigued me. Finally, something that gives us a break with our diets. For me these foods are great because I’m trying to put on muscle and for those trying to lose weight, they’re even more powerful!
- Broccoli is packed with Vitamin C, A, and calcium which helps absorb fat and keep the body running like a well oiled machine!
- Milk/Low-Fat Yogurt foods rich in healthy dairy have the healthy calcium our bodies need.
- Oatmeal the heart healthy carb has loads of fiber to keep you full and the complex carb induces more energy.
- Jalapenos/Habanaros both of these hot treats contain capasaicin which boosts heart rate and the metabolism. Also, spicier foods work to keep you feeling fuller longer.
- Healthy Fats replace the bad fats in your diet with these fiber filled treats and see a huge improvement!
- Apples/Grapefruits while apples satisfy your sugar craving, grapefruits help insulin spikes and are rich in Vitamin C.
- Green Tea containing ECGC which causes the brain and nervous system to run faster causing more fat burn!
- Lean Meats…chicken, lamb, and pork oh my! Lean proteins provide your body a substance to work hard and burn off while still being incredibly powerful with good vitamins, amino acids, and minerals.
- Caffeine some people shy from it, but in moderate amounts its amazing..speeding up the heartbeat thus leading to more activity and fat burn.
These are just a few basic foods I thought most people would see in their normal diet regimen.
For more Diet, Exercise, Nutrition, and PR/Journalism articles follow my blog!